Getting off Neupro Patch

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
2BassetMom

Getting off Neupro Patch

Post by 2BassetMom »

After close to 18 months on the Neupro patch, I am getting off. It worked beautifully for about a year but the last 6 months have been a roller coaster. I started to get rashes on the patch site and in the last month these rashes have moved on to welts. Also, it has become less effective with my symptoms returning to pre-med days. My doctor that I see at the Quality Care center in La Jolla is prescribing Horizant. I hope this works out. A bright spot in all of this occurred yesterday. I see a nurse practitioner at a pain management clinic for my Oxycodone and I was there for my 3 month check up. She has been my champion throughout this RLS journey having experienced restless legs herself. I was prescribed 60 pills per month and just had to message her and she would electronically send in my refill. This last 3 month period I found myself needing 3 pills on occasion to handle the restless legs and accompanying pain. This caused me to cut my pills in half toward the end of the month to get through. I told her this and she felt very badly that I was having to do that and she prescribed 90 pills. She doesn't want me fretting over whether I can take a pill or if in doing that I will use up my supply too early. I am blesse! I live in Idaho and so far opioids are still prescribed.

Polar Bear

Re: Getting off Neupro Patch

Post by Polar Bear »

What an understanding nurse, an angel indeed. And what a burden she has taken from your shoulders.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Re: Getting off Neupro Patch

Post by ViewsAskew »

Now, that is wonderful news!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.