myoclonus

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
srgraves01

Re: myoclonus

Post by srgraves01 »

My myclonus increased a lot after I augmented the first time. After not taking a DA for a long period of time pramapraxole helped to reduce the amount of myoclonus I have prior to sleep and during sleep. I augmented a second time in 2017 and my myoclonus became even more severe. I occasionally take a pramapraxole and if does work. But it will only work one or two times. Then I need to wait a while before I take it again.

Steve

debbluebird

Re: myoclonus

Post by debbluebird »

When I augmented with my DA, my leg jerks increased. My arms also were affected with RLS during that period. If I try to decrease my current med, methadone, the jerks become severe. If I take oxycodone too frequently, they become worse, just like my body telling me I require more. I no longer take it for that reason.
I take methadone and some gabapentin now.