dipyridamole?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
wantok

dipyridamole?

Post by wantok »

Thinking of trying this for PLMD. Did I understand someone to say that this can cause augmentation?

stjohnh

Re: dipyridamole?

Post by stjohnh »

Almost nothing is known about dipyridamole and RLS. It has a theoretical basis for treatment and one TINY uncontrolled study showed it worked for mild-moderate RLS. I took it before my iron infusions took away the need for RLS meds (I have severe RLS) and it helped my sense of well-being quite a bit. Don't know about PLMS. No obviously theoretical reason it should cause augmentation. It is very unlikely you will get a doctor to prescribe it as there is so little information available on using it for this purpose. There are studies ongoing now and more information should be available in a year or two.
Blessings,
Holland