Help finding good RLS doctor in North Carolina

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Winifred1

Help finding good RLS doctor in North Carolina

Post by Winifred1 »

I currently have a prescription for Methadone as prescribed by a doctor in Johns Hopkins (Baltimore). Because of new strict laws surrounding opioids I have to travel to Baltimore every 6 months to get my prescription renewed. I'd like to get a new doctor in the Raleigh, NC area to treat my condition but its difficult to find a doctor prescribing opioids now due to the strict law enforcement environment.

Can anyone recommend a good RLS doctor in the Raleigh area that understands the requirement for prescribing opiods?

ViewsAskew

Re: Help finding good RLS doctor in North Carolina

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope you find someone, Winifred. It seems there aren't enough of us posting when we have doctors who are willing.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.