ZOLOFT started my RLS and Cymbalta helped some

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
QyX

Re: ZOLOFT started my RLS and Cymbalta helped some

Post by QyX »

When I took Pramipexol (what you call Mirapex) for the first time, I had all kinds of weird sensations in my legs. Within a few minutes, I developed a hyperacusis (=extreme sensitivity to sound) and got all mad and crazy simply because some people were talking in normal voice in a room next to mine.

It was also quite obvious from day 1 that while DAs made me sleepy, they also made my RLS significantly worse. A few months later I worked out that when I combine DAs with SSRis, I seem to tolerate DAs better. However in the end I had no choice and had to take opioids.

Just keep in mind that no matter how you react to the Mirapex in the next days, it really does not prove or disprove anything.

However that you experienced "very odd sensations" in your legs I would see as additional evidence (not prove!) that you really have RLS.

Unfortunately symptoms like nausea and confusion are common side effects of DAs. These are really powerful drugs who can affect you in all kinds of crazy ways.

The best thing to do would be a sleep study. This would give you the best possible evidence if you have RLS or not.

Oh and while it is very important to know your Ferritin levels, a normal value still doesn't prove or disprove if you have RLS or not.

Anyway, you seem to be in the right path but you might be forced to try many different medications down the road to find something that you tolerate and is effective.

Ata

Post by Ata »

I don't think I will continue the Mirapex or take any DA with all the stuff I read with augmentation etc.

I know for certain that I have a sleep disorder probably exasperated by the withdrawal from Cymbalta. At the moment I am trying my best to somehow get my sleep some routine.
I have some experience with Gabapentin before so I took 300mg of that tonight. It really relieved the Rls and put a slow wave calming sensation, unfortunately I was sleeping in the daytime today so I didn't expected it to do miracles and knock me out.

It is 3 am now , I just took some xanax to help me feel asleep. If I can be awake during the daytime then I think gabapentin taken routinely at night could help with Gaba and put my sleep in order. It is worth a shot and honestly gabapentin I think has a safer long term use then DA in my opnion.

QyX

Post by QyX »

If Gabapentin works for you, that would be great.