Dr. Buchfuhrer Help

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
stockton2malone2

Dr. Buchfuhrer Help

Post by stockton2malone2 »

My symptoms continue to worsen and I've reached the point where my current doctors have said they've done all they can do, and the only med I haven't tried is the Methadone that Dr. Buchfuhrer recommended to me (sidenote: I'm blown away at how helpful and responsive he has been via e-mail). Unfortunately, it isn't something any of the doctors in my area have experience with or even a license to prescribe, so I'm headed to see Dr. B.

Problem is, I called his office at the Stanford Sleep Center and the first appointment they have available is August. I've made the appointment, but it's my understanding he works out of several offices/hospitals, so I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a different office/location I should try to make an appointment with him? Hopefully I can get in somewhere to see him sooner than 6 months from now.

Thank you, and sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum for this. I wasn't sure exactly where I should post it.

Rustsmith

Re: Dr. Buchfuhrer Help

Post by Rustsmith »

His regular office is in Downey, CA (Los Angeles area). His phone number there is (562) 904-1101
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

It's also cheaper to see him in Downey because there are additional hospital fees when you see him at Stanford.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, definitely more of a trip to Downey than to Stanford from Stockton. I used to travel from Chicago - cost a lot and thankfully I could afford it. Hopefully you are able to, also.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wonderful Dr B. I live in the UK and only 2 weeks ago I emailed him asking his advice. He replied within 2 hours.
Definitely see Dr B.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Dr. B. is one of the world's unsung heroes.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Kuper206

Post by Kuper206 »

Hello,

I started seeing Dr. B about 6 months ago and he has saved my life! I have suffered from a severe case of RLS for over 15 years and have tried everything that you have described in your posting. All of the normal medication didn't work for me. About a year ago my Dr finally said "there is nothing else we can do for you" and referred me to the Stanford Sleep Center with Dr. B. He prescribed 10mg a Methadone daily and I now have my life back. Although I do still get up 1 or 2 times a night its only for about 5 minutes to stretch my legs then I am able to quickly fall right back asleep.

I know it's a long wait to get to see him, but it is worth it. He is understanding to the condition with world-class knowledge and understands what we are all dealing with. If you have any questions please let me know :)

Sleep well my friend :)

kb