Lyrica questions

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Stainless

Re: Lyrica questions

Post by Stainless »

My Neurologist bumped my Lyrica script up to 2 x 150 mg plus 2 mg Clonazepam and I'm sleeping like a baby. I take 1 cap an hour followed by Clonazepam just before bed. Daytime issues are at a minimum. I never thought I would be putting all these drugs in my body but at 63 I've decided to maximise quality of life. I hate to hear about depression and I worry where this leads but wtf. I'm also taking 2 x 325 mg Ferrous Sulphate with C.

wantok

Post by wantok »

Problem now isn't depression (yet) but the dosage needs to be increased every 4 days to continue to be effective. It worries me, of course, because I think I'll either get depressed on the higher dosages or I'll get to the maximum safe dose and then it will only work for 4 days. I worry because it works sooo well. Slept 8 hours last night and didn't wake up once. I can't remember when that has happened last. First night on a higher dose (now at 125mg) is always the best. I am not a Buddhist but because of my years of insomnia I have become familiar with many Buddhist teachings while listening to meditation talks. They talk about "attachment", holding on emotionally to good or bad things. I am quite attached to Lyrica and the relief it has given me and it is not good as I also expect it not to work out in the long run -- and -- to kick my butt big time when I have to wean off of it. If I was more of a Buddhist I would enjoy today more and let tomorrow bring on what it does.

Stanho

Post by Stanho »

I use to on Lyrica and started to cut down on it. I started at 300 mg and tapered of the drug because of the side effects. I started to take Advil extra strength but with covi-19 I changed to Tylenol. It works about the same and allows me to sleep from 5 to 7 hrs per nite. I have been using the NEUPRO patch for about 3 years now. You can get coupon from the manufacture that saves most of my co-opay.

QyX

Post by QyX »

For what exactly are you taking the Tylenol? Are you saying Tylenol is effective against your RLS symptoms?

wantok

Post by wantok »

Update:
Went up to 150mg nightly (only) on the Lyrica. I have been taking it for over a month, maybe two months now. As I said in earlier post, the experiment of going off of it for two days every week was not good for me so I had been increasing the dose every 4-5 days and was worried about side effects kicking in, especially depression, and then just getting to the maximum dose and having it fail. In the last week I have noticed that I feel much better during the days: more rested and energetic, more awake, despite whatever my sleep the night before has been. On 150mg for example the sleep hasn't been great: mild PLMS, difficulty falling asleep. I have decided not to increase the Lyrica because for me the bottom line is how I feel during the day so I will put up with not so great nights. When the PLMS start up I remind myself that they are not ruining my life and that of course makes it better to tolerate. I will sleep big chunks more deeply. I have also been able to give up the marijuana as the Lyrica is -- when I finally do get to sleep -- keeping me asleep mostly. I did have an auditory hallucination that woke me up, but fortunately only one. Other side effects too (diarrhea and itchy underarms) went away. God this is wonderful; let's hear it for slow wave sleep!! Hard to accept this will likely pass.