Conflicts with Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
LessRest38

Conflicts with Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole?

Post by LessRest38 »

I had some trouble with diverticulitus and was prescribed with ciprofloxacin and metronidazole. I haven't had much sleep since then and my rls starts in the morning instead of waiting for late afternoon. I would like to know if has been experienced by others?

stjohnh

Re: Conflicts with Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole?

Post by stjohnh »

These drugs have not been mentioned on this board as having caused problems with RLS, so if someone has had problems, they haven't posted about it. You may be the first to have noticed a new interaction with these drugs. OTOH, you may be augmeting on the ropinirole. How much do you take? Symptoms starting earlier in the day is one of the main symptoms of augmentation.
Blessings,
Holland