Too much medicine

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mocha

Too much medicine

Post by mocha »

This is working very good 1800 Gabapentin 2 mg Neupro patch. 0.125 pramipexole. Was tapering off Neupro but this is working great Should I enjoy of be scared of augmentation?
Have had rls for many years and took mirapex until it wasn’t working as good switched to Neupro patch 3 mg worked great until got severe skin problems started reducing patch gradually was then on 300-600 mg Gabapentin and gradually increased to 1800
After reducing Neupro to 2 mg skin problems are much less but the Gabapentin and reduced Neupro did not control so added .0125 of pramipexole

badnights

Re: Too much medicine

Post by badnights »

mocha wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:13 am
This is working very good 1800 Gabapentin 2 mg Neupro patch. 0.125 pramipexole. Was tapering off Neupro but this is working great Should I enjoy of be scared of augmentation?
Have had rls for many years and took mirapex until it wasn’t working as good switched to Neupro patch 3 mg worked great until got severe skin problems started reducing patch gradually was then on 300-600 mg Gabapentin and gradually increased to 1800
After reducing Neupro to 2 mg skin problems are much less but the Gabapentin and reduced Neupro did not control so added .0125 of pramipexole
Hi mocha
I noticed no one has replied to your post. Maybe you've had your questions answered in another Topic, but I am catching up, so I will reply to this post. The answer is " I don't know" :(. I tend to say Don't rock the boat if things are working, but you really do have to be alert for signs of augmentation, and stop the pram and Neupro when it arrives. Signs are: worsened symptoms, symptoms start earlier in the day, symptoms spread to other body parts, or symptoms start sooner after you sit or lie down. You may avoid augmentation, especially if your iron stores are good (you can either take oral iron or, if you;re eligible, get an infusion).

Also be alert for mood swings and depression, which gabapentin can cause (even suicidal thoughts). If this happens, the gabapentin should be stopped, but do it under your doctor's guidance.

While getting your iron status checked and observing yourself for signs of augmentation or depression - yes, enjoy it!!!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.