suboxone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
dohlmann

suboxone

Post by dohlmann »

Good morning, I have been using the drug " suboxone" for the past 2 years. it helps control my RLS but am wondering about the long term use. I am on 10/2.5mg at bedtime. I use it sublingualy. It takes 30-40 min. to dissolve and I have to wait 30 min. after that before I can drink or eat anything. I am finding my teeth are in poor condition since starting this medication. I have had more fillings than usual. I also feel my gums have receded more. I also wonder if I will need to go to a higher dose the longer I am on it. thank you. I would appreciate any information on this medication and long term use.

Polar Bear

Re: suboxone

Post by Polar Bear »

I have not used Suboxone myself but we do have a Member who a few years ago used Suboxone and had quite a long thread on his experiences. The Member's name is EeFall and he still drops in from time to time.
If you try a search using 'EeFall and 'Suboxone' perhaps you will find some useful information.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I have taken 4mg / 1mg of Suboxone (Buprenorphine and Naloxone) for many years now (around 8 years). I cut the sublingual film into 4 pieces and take it at 9:30 am, noon, 5:30 pm and bedtime (about 8 pm) I do this because taking it all at once makes me so restless I can’t sleep.

My doctor would never let me take more than this. He said anything above that would not work. I have had no physical problems from taking it. Actually from what I have been told people don’t believe I am a senior citizen lol so maybe it is the fountain of youth.

The big problem is that Suboxone makes me grumpy and sometimes depressed. If I get really down I take about 6 capsules (I fill the capsules myself from my Kratom supple) of Kratom and it knocks the depression out of the ball park.

I just hope Suboxone continues to work as Mirapex (the next best thing) stopped working after about 6 years.

Oh and I am still doing okay:)

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Glad you are still doing well. I am too.