Iron Levels

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
MJDK

Iron Levels

Post by MJDK »

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but could someone please share with me the 'normal' iron levels for RLS patients. Where should I be? I just had bloodwork done this morning. Iron - 73; TIBC - 328; Iron Saturation - 22%; and Ferritin - 47.9. I seem to remember a White Paper written by a bunch of RLS experts that specifically addressed the iron levels and the various measures on the iron panel. I am seeing Dr. Trotti at Emory in 2 weeks and so excited to finally get help.

pamelap

Re: Iron Levels

Post by pamelap »

I was recently advised by a physician on this discussion panel that Ferritin levels should be at 100 or better for RLS patients and that iron supplementation is needed when levels are lower than this. I'm not a physician, but plan to discuss this with my own doctor at my next appointment. How did you make out with your appointment? Did you receive similar advice?