Acupuncture

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
pamelap

Acupuncture

Post by pamelap »

I have found acupuncture to be somewhat helpful in reducing my RLS symptoms and would like to continue. I wonder if any of you have experience with Medicare reimbursement for acupuncture for this purpose? I submitted one claim, and it was denied. Do they ever pay for this? Thanks!

debbluebird

Re: Acupuncture

Post by debbluebird »

I would love to get acupuncture. Too costly for me. I don't think Medicare will pay for it.

pamelap

Post by pamelap »

Thanks for your thoughts! It is expensive, and I can't afford to go as often as I would like, either.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Maybe it's worth submitting claims for it, if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for it or something ?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

pamelap

Post by pamelap »

Thanks for asking. I did submit one set of claims, which were denied. However, I might have better luck if I can get a doctor's prescription. That's a good suggestion. Thanks!