Trazadone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Belsheart

Trazadone

Post by Belsheart »

Has anyone tried using Trazadone for rls ? I started thinking about it because it is a relatively safe, very old antidepressant that is now used mostly for sleep.

DreiTageWach

Re: Trazadone

Post by DreiTageWach »

For me trazodone greatly exacerbates RLS symptoms. But I believe there are reports out there of people for whom it has helped with RLS

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It doesn't help the movement symptoms, unfortunately. It can help with sleep. Some of us can tolerate it, some of us cannot.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

My doctor put me on it very early on. It didn't do anything for my movement issues and also didn't help with sleep. What it did do was leave me walking around the house like a drunk. I was bumping into walls and furniture even though the thinking part of my mind was functioning like normal.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

Belsheart wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:43 am
Has anyone tried using Trazadone for rls ? I started thinking about it because it is a relatively safe, very old antidepressant that is now used mostly for sleep.
I took it for 1-2 years. Can't say that it changed my RLS in any way (positive or negative), but I guess it helped me a bit to fall asleep, at least a first. Eventually I stopped it and it made no change in sleep quality, so whatever effect it had at first must have evaporated.