Horizant Fog?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Bannia

Horizant Fog?

Post by Bannia »

Wondering if anyone can offer some ideas of what is going on with me?

Around 12 days ago, I stopped taking Neupro. I was on 6mg, and weaned down to 1mg over 10 days before stopping. I had 5 nights of terrible RLS symptoms, but they have improved quite a bit since then. I’m able to fall asleep at midnight, instead of 4:00 now. I have also been taking Horizant for around 3 months. I started on 600mg, and my neurologist bumped me up to 1200mg around a month ago, because I was getting augmentation from the Neupro.

I’m not sure exactly when it started happening, but I have been waking in a complete stupor, and it seems to be getting worse. I know that I had mornings while I was on both Neupro and Horizant that I felt out of it, but it would seem to lift after a couple of hours. In the last week or so, I literally feel like I can’t think until around 2:00 in the afternoon. I’m so out of it. I don’t know if this is from the Horizant itself, or if it has anything to do with stopping the DA 12 days ago.

Anyone have a similar experience or any thoughts on whether it’s related to stopping the DA or not?

Appreciate any help I can get.

lsinrod

Re: Horizant Fog?

Post by lsinrod »

It's not likely to be from stopping the Neupro. Why don't you try going back to 600 mg of horizant and see if that will help. Is there any other medicine that you have started taking recently?

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Most likely from Horizant. Going off the Neupro doesn't cause this. Sleepiness is the most common side effect and the prescribing info says it occurs in at least 10%. It may diminish with time, or you can use a lower dose.
Blessings,
Holland

Bannia

Post by Bannia »

Thanks very much. I reduced the Horizant dose, and it got somewhat better. Some days are better than others. Amazing how muddled my thoughts can get from Horizant.

Really appreciate your help.