Dilaudid + Lyrica combo

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Comeau01

Dilaudid + Lyrica combo

Post by Comeau01 »

I am taking Dilaudid 4.5 mg every 12 hours in combo with 300 mg of Lyrica before bedtime since September 2021.
Although I have several side effects to compose with (joint pain and swelling, muscle stiffness, occasional nausea, sweating and chills, weight gain) I was able to sleep fairly well until a few weeks ago and my RLS was managed.
I am starting to have mild night time RLS episodes, particularly if I go to bed later than usual.
I am not sure if these signify that it’s time to increase my meds (most likely the Lyrica) or if somehow the timing of my evening dose vs time I actually go to bed is the culprit.
I don’t quite understand why I am activated some days and not others while on same meds and dosage.
Anyone else has this experience?

ViewsAskew

Re: Dilaudid + Lyrica combo

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Comeau01. Some people have more of an issue with tolerance than other people. I am one. When mine starts getting worse, it isn't the same each night. Tonight, for example, the symptoms are nasty at 2 AM and I am up and not able to sleep at all. Last night I slept relatively well, with some mild symptoms I was able to get rid of by doing some leg movements in bed around 6 AM, but fell back to sleep.

I have to regularly either stop the opioid or at least cut it back by at least 50% for a few weeks so that my body resets what it thinks it wants/needs. Not saying this is your issue - just that it is a possibility.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.