Injectafer Success after Oxycodone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Catcrazy23

Injectafer Success after Oxycodone

Post by Catcrazy23 »

I’ve struggled about 12 years with RLS. Tried all meds, quickly led to augmentation and getting 2 hours of interrupted sleep a nite and feeling like a zombie during the day. Currently on low dose of oxycodone and horizant which has been reasonably successful for about two years. My ferritin and iron levels have been very low during this time, which I believe is causing my RLS. One year ago I had one iron (venofer) infusion that increased my ferritin levels, but still well below 100. I’m scheduled next week for two injectafer infusions.

Has anyone been able to discontinue use of oxycodone after injectafer? If so, how many injectafer infusions did you have? Any feedback is appreciated. I love the RLS forum.
Thank you.

ViewsAskew

Re: Injectafer Success after Oxycodone

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Catcrazy - only a small number of people can completely stop all medication. More of us can reduce them - I can reduce by about 50%.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Catcrazy23

Post by Catcrazy23 »

Do you mind saying which med or meds you reduced by 50% and how often you get infusions? Thx.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Catcrazy. I had one infusion, in 2019. I've been unable to get another since then due to covid travel restrictions, but during the 6 months it was effective, I dropped from 9 mg hydromorph contin to 6 mg daily.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.