Dilaudid and Oxycodone.

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
RickyS29061

Dilaudid and Oxycodone.

Post by RickyS29061 »

Has anyone had luck using dilaudid and oxycodone together for RLS. Currently I am on oxycodone 20mg 4 times a day but my issue now is at bedtime the oxycodone only seems to work for about 4 hours so I wake up in the middle of the night with really bad RLS symptoms and have to take another pill. I'm wondering if maybe using dilaudid only at bedtime would maybe help or if anyone has had any luck using the 2 together?

badnights

Re: Dilaudid and Oxycodone.

Post by badnights »

See my answer to your earlier post. It's worth giving the long-acting versions a shot. They don't last as long as advertised, but definitely longer than the short-acting. I finally convinced my GP to give me 1mg pills of imiediate-release hydromorphone to accompany the 6-9 mg of hydromorph contin I take. The immediate-release pills act within 15 minutes and help me deal with breakthrough symptoms when the H. contin isn't enough. The H.contin and other similar long-acting opioids take 1.5-2 hours to kick in, and for me at least, 4 hours before they kill all of the symptoms, so I take mine 4 hours before bed.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.