Methadone and rashes

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
hHelp!

Methadone and rashes

Post by hHelp! »

I've been taking Methadone (5mg/day) for RLS for 2 months. I developed a rash 1 1/2 weeks ago. PCP Doc says labs say it's not fungal or yeast. Has to be inflammation. Therefore Methadone is a big suspect. Dermatology Doctor's don't think it's Methadone. They think it's fungal and that the labs are wrong. Does anyone have any experience with Methadone causing a rash? Mostly in groin but elsewhere to a lesser extent also.

I'm taking prednisone 40 mg, anti-fungal cream and corticosteroid ointment. Rash is going away. I'll keep treating it per Doc's recommendations. Still taking Methadone. !00% RLS relief with Methadone, 8 hrs sleep. Don't want to give that up, rash or no rash.

debbluebird

Re: Methadone and rashes

Post by debbluebird »

I don't know. My only reaction to methadone was nausea. It went away after 2 months. Maybe your rash will resolve too.

badnights

Post by badnights »

That's some heavy artillery they're giving you for the rash. I don't have personal experience but rashes are fairly common with methadone. I don't know if your particular rash is typical. I hope it goes away and stays away so you can still get relief from the WED/RLS.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Jcg64

Post by Jcg64 »

Interesting…I just had derm biopsy one on me in the same area. They were perplexed. Maybe this is the culprit….