opiate and benzo panic among doctors

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Kathryn60

opiate and benzo panic among doctors

Post by Kathryn60 »

I know that I have to rotate my meds in order for them to be effective. I have been on gabapentin for the past 12 years and need another medication to make it be effective. Much to my dismay these last few years, my doctor will only give me 15 clonazepam pills for a 5 MONTH PERIOD! forget about any opiods. I have to result to buying some weed when my short supply runs out and I don't like smoking the week because it doesn't feel good with my lungs. Thankfully I have a good doctor (Dr. Ondo) who will provide me with an unlmited supply of gabapentin and lyrica and a sleeping pill to boot, but he also won't prescribe me the benzos that I need when the RLS is bad. It's a royal pain in the a**!
FYI, menthadone doesn't work for me, keeps me up all night.

Rustsmith

Re: opiate and benzo panic among doctors

Post by Rustsmith »

Kathryn, I also found that methadone caused insomnia. My way to fix the problem was to take the methadone at lunchtime instead of at bedtime (as my doctor directed). I found that the long life of methadone controlled my RLS at night and that by taking it at lunchtime, the insomnia side effect went away.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.