Hot flashes with Methadone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
hHelp!

Hot flashes with Methadone

Post by hHelp! »

I'm getting hot flashes. Taking 5mg Methadone once/day. Been taking it for 3 months. Is this caused by the Methadone. Is there any way to treat the hot flashes?

Rustsmith

Re: Hot flashes with Methadone

Post by Rustsmith »

I didn't experience hot flashes, but I did experience problems with my hormone balance that was due to the methadone that I take. My suggestion is to talk to your doctor and ask about getting blood tests to determine whether it is causing a hormone issue. If it is, then hormone replacement therapy might be all that you need.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No hot flashes for me. I get them, but it's hormonal in my case.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stockton2malone2

Post by stockton2malone2 »

Same thing happened to me, and it was directly tied to the methadone lowering testosterone levels. Go get your blood work done and it is likely they'll be able to help you with hormone shots. Hopefully you will stop having to randomly feel like you're in a sauna for no discernible reason.