Naltrexone LDN

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ratfancy

Naltrexone LDN

Post by ratfancy »

Hello,
I have read several posts about people using LDN.
Currently I am taking 150-200 mg Tramadol throughout the night and it sort works, each dose for about 90 minutes of relief. I sleep usually 5 am to noon. Now I'm having greater issues. BTW, my flavor features arm involvement sometimes but not always.
I have been prescribed .5 mg naltrexone twice daily.
Any advice when to take the pills? The pharmacist suggested 6 pm and 6 am. However, I have read it should be taken at night after 10p, 2 hours after food. My neurologist said to continue the Tramadol, which I take usually at 10p, 12a, 2a, and sometimes 4a. I know this is counter-intuitive and so does she. The pharmacist said little is known if LDN impacts Tramadol totally or just somewhat.
Now I don't seem to be sleeping at all, maybe 3 hours late morning. This started before the LDN.
Anyone have thoughts on this from your own experience? I know advice cannot be given, however sharing your own experiences would be illustrative. I'm interested in when to take the LDN and how long it might take to show improvement.
Thanks much.
Sleepless in Florida.

Polar Bear

Re: Naltrexone LDN

Post by Polar Bear »

I looked this up and see that indeed the two drugs interact to the extent of possibly causing wirhdrawal. In the interactions it mentions stroke/seizure. I have no experience but thought this information needed noted.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

There are at least a few people here taking LDN. I hope they can reply!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Is it possible that you are starting to experience augmentation on tramadol? Although it is unusual, tramadol is the only non-dopamine agonist that can cause augmentation. That might be why you are having to take it every 2 hrs throughout the night.

If not, you might ask your doctor if you could try tramadol ER. It is a 1/day pill. It is rather expensive, but it might help avoid all the ups and downs at night and having to sleep in the late morning.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.