Gabebentin and Prednisone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
LizzieGee

Gabebentin and Prednisone

Post by LizzieGee »

I am new to this RLS site. I've had RLS for about 10 years, getting more severe. Last week I did not sleep for 5 nights and then had appointment with neurologist. I had been on Ropinorole low dose for 2 years and it was not helping anymore and got into a bad week after taking Zyrtec for a week. Neurologist put me on Neuro patch 1 mg for 3 days and then start Gababentin 300 ml, twice a day.

The patch was great --- slept for 3 nights with no problems!

On last day of patch, I had an allergic reaction to an ointment for a yeast infection and had to go to ER. They have put me on prednisone for 6 days. I am supposed to start Gababentin today at 300 ml, twice a day.

Has anyone been on both prednisone and Gababentin together? Any negative reaction? Thank you

Polar Bear

Re: Gabebentin and Prednisone

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't heard of any interactions between Gabapentin and Predinsone so did a quick Google and read that there is no known interaction.
However, as always, bear in mind that anything is possible and interactions and reactions can happen, but this is true of all medications.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

LizzieGee

Re: Gabebentin and Prednisone

Post by LizzieGee »

Thanks I appreciate your responding