Daytime breakthrough

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
IzzyKoshi

Daytime breakthrough

Post by IzzyKoshi »

Dar Members:

I am currently taking 20mg Methadone (10mg in morning and 10mg at night). I can sleep with this regimen. The BIG problem now is very significant daytime RLS, typically every day and most often for the entire day. Legs are flying even as I type this message! Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rustsmith

Re: Daytime breakthrough

Post by Rustsmith »

Talk with your doctor about the possibility of combining other RLS meds with the methadone. I take 7.5mg of methadone along with 900mg of gabapentin and 0.125mg pramipexole. I was completely off of the pramipexole for a while, but found that I needed to increase my methadone one more level. So, my doctor agreed that it was easier on everyone if I took the minimal (half tablet) of pramipexole rather than increasing the methadone to 10mg (which is where I start to feel a bit drugged by it.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

IzzyKoshi

Post by IzzyKoshi »

Oops. Forgot to mention that I also take 900mg Horizant.

Bridgercan

Post by Bridgercan »

Have you asked your doctor about upping Horizant? I take 1200 mg once per day in evening. I believe max dose is 1800 mg. A shot in the dark, but worthy of a discussion with your doc, especially if the drug’s cost isn’t huge. Or, if you’ve not augmented before on DAs, 1 or 2mg Neupro patch for daytime for small-dosage extended release? Checking your ferritin levels is always a good idea.

IzzyKoshi

Post by IzzyKoshi »

Thank you all for your suggestions. I increased my Horizant from 900mg to 1200mg and that has significantly decreased my daytime RLS.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Great to hear that this increase of your Horizant has been a success.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation