Mirapex .125

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Hollybelle78

Mirapex .125

Post by Hollybelle78 »

Has anyone started on half of the smallest dose of Mirapex? My doctor wants me to half the pills. They are so tiny.

Rustsmith

Re: Mirapex .125

Post by Rustsmith »

I didn't start with that dose, but I probably wouldn't have augmented as quickly if I had. If 0.125mg manages your symptoms, stay with it as long as you can and make sure that your ferritin level is at least 100 to extend the time until you augment (which will eventually happen but for some that can take years). Also, if your doctor did not warn you about the risk of Impulse Control Disorder (ICD), read up about it. There was an article about it in the most recent Nightwalkers magazine.

That said, that is the dose that I used now, but in combination with methadone and gabapentin. And yes, the pills are tiny and snapping them in half can be challenging at times.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

TimG

Re: Mirapex .125

Post by TimG »

I've been taking 0.125 mg of pramipexole at night for over a decade. Symptoms are manageable and no augmentation. I used to get the 0.25 mg tablets and split them (they're scored) but now take a whole 0.125 mg tablet, the lowest dosage available. It would be difficult to halve these tablets. Is your physician wanting you to split these for a dose of 0.0625 mg? There was a poster here who was taking that dosage.