Anti-inflammatory medications

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
nomoboh

Anti-inflammatory medications

Post by nomoboh »

I had added mobic to my nightly regimen,(gabapentin, clonazepam, melatonin) due to chronic pain. I recently had a bout of pancreatitis which of course affects liver function, and now they tell me I have "early and mild," cirrhosis, whatever that means. Post-hospitalization they advised me to stop taking any and all nsaids. When I was taking it, I was sleeping through the night most nights, but since I stopped, I have been up every single night.

This all leads me to wonder if anyone has explored the possible role chronic inflammation in RLS, or if anyone has any experience with nsaids as an adjunct to therapy?

Thanks!

Polar Bear

Re: Anti-inflammatory medications

Post by Polar Bear »

On occasion I use Ibuprofen because chronic pain can waken me during the night. Even though one of my consultants does not approve of NSAIDs. But sometimes needs must though I do try to avoid it as far as possible. This is what I do, I am not saying I recommend it. My experience only.
Modic is much stronger and is prescription only.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I would like recommendations for anything anti-inflammatory besides NSAIDS.

Lissa496

Post by Lissa496 »

I take ashwagandha. I only take 100 mg. It is supposed to help RLS and have some anti-inflammatory. Here is a link: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318407#uses
https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-ashwagandha

Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

nomoboh wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:46 pm
This all leads me to wonder if anyone has explored the possible role chronic inflammation in RLS, or if anyone has any experience with nsaids as an adjunct to therapy?
Some people believe in chronic inflammation as root cause of RLS. Inflammation does inhibit iron transport, moving iron out of the cells and into iron storages. But to my knowledge there is little or no research either backing this up or refuting it.

paulawesterlund

Post by paulawesterlund »

see the discussions under non prescription medications. Someone there recommended 2 chinese
traditional medicines and I remember an account of a chinese woman using them and becoming
free of RLS for the lst time in her long life. I personally make tea from nettles and drink it as an
anti-inflammatory and it also fights cardiovascular diseases. Now its just coming up in the midwest and so its very tender.