Pregabalin and Deep/REM Sleep

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
wesleepbetter

Pregabalin and Deep/REM Sleep

Post by wesleepbetter »

Hi everyone, I am taking 75mg Pregabalin for my PLMD. I do not have RLS so I only take Pregabalin before my sleep.

With Pregabalin, I can sleep, but when I check my sleep tracking app, I have very low, sometimes no Deep and REM sleep.

Does anybody have any advice in increasing Deep and REM sleep?

Also, how does Pregabalin help with PLMD? Does it reduce PLMS movements or does it tell the body/brain to ignore being awakened by PLMS movements?

Thank you

Polar Bear

Re: Pregabalin and Deep/REM Sleep

Post by Polar Bear »

I understand that pregabalin helps REM sleep. It helps PLMD by changing the way nerves send messages to the brain.
Have you had your ferritin serum checked recently. Low ferritin may have a negative effect on PLMDs.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

wesleepbetter

Re: Pregabalin and Deep/REM Sleep

Post by wesleepbetter »

Thanks Betty for your reply.

I had an iron infusion two months ago, prior to my iron infusion, my ferritin was 180. So I am guessing low ferritin may not be the cause of my plmd.

I am surprised pregabalin helps REM sleep. I guess I will have to try up the dose of pregabalin to 150 mg.