Anyone Heard of Nedria Tomac Therapy?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Trophyman

Anyone Heard of Nedria Tomac Therapy?

Post by Trophyman »

Hi Everyone,

Just recently came across this forum and it's been a big help and given me a sense of comfort while coping with RLS.

I came across a wearable therapy option that requires a prescription and was wondering if anyone has heard of or used this device to treat their RLS symptoms? It attaches to the upper calf area just below the knee and emits an electronic pulse to provide symptom relief.

They are a relatively new company that claims that their device is the first and only drug-free wearable therapy and clinically proven to reduce symptoms when other prescription medication is not providing relief. At this time they are accessible in California, Massachusetts, and Missouri, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and select areas of Ohio and South Carolina.

Not sure if this is a scam. Here's the link to their site: https://nidrarls.com/

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Rustsmith

Re: Anyone Heard of Nedria Tomac Therapy?

Post by Rustsmith »

Not sure if this is a scam.
It is not a scam. One of the researchers involved was Dr. Mark Buchfuhrer, one of the leading RLS doctors in the country. The device has been approved by the FDA for treating RLS. I have not tried it, but I did see the posters that they presented at the ASSM Sleep Conference last June and the study results were very impressive. Unfortunately, since the device is new and patented, it is also expensive.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was in the study - for a short time. It doesn't really work with severe symptoms, so I washed out. I wish I could say positive things, but my symptoms are barely covered by both methadone and pramipexole, at a dose that is pretty high.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Ann, that explains why they wouldn't accept me into the study. My symptoms are not as bad as yours, but they were too severe to be accepted (which is what happens in every RLS trial I have tried to join except the Opioid Registry).
Steve

Mrs Weary

Post by Mrs Weary »

On the advice of my doctor I bought a device called Quell that was exactly what you describe. It wraps around the leg under the knee and had to be adjusted to the level you could feel the electronic pulse. This was about 5 years ago. I got no relief at all and just lately I was researching this device and found out that it had been taken off the market because it was found not to be effective. I hope the device you're thinking of does work but the Quell one certainly did not.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Mrs Weary, thank you for telling us of your experience with Quell. All such information is useful as it may prove to be of interest to a member.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation