Just started Requip- stopped Mirapex

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ANGELGIRL

Just started Requip- stopped Mirapex

Post by ANGELGIRL »

Hi Angelgirl - Lori here:

I haven't been on the site in at least 4 months. I have had my ups and downs. To refresh the girls I've become freinds with and to share my experiences here we go.

I was in a car accident 2 years ago and had a plate and screws in my neck. I ended up with large muscle knots running from my neck to my left shoulder blade. I have been seeing a pain management doctor and have had series of trigger point injections 1 a week for 4 or 5 weeks followed by Botox injection to try to stop the continuous spasms. I probally had 15 or 20 since January. I was diagnosed with RLS after having a sleep study done in March 2005. Before this I had a sleep study done in 1996 which showed excessive daytime sleepiness and was on Provigil since 1996. Since the car accident I have post tramatic stress and depression having to close my business and all the big changes in my life. This new sleep study showed I slept 3 hours and twitched 248 times. No REM sleep, increased Alpha waves at night. I don't sleep- because I twitch all night. I was put on Mirapex in March the lowest dose- I thought it was working at first but then I think I got worst and even felt as if I could scratch my hair out of my hair and even my whole body again when trying to sleep. None of my doctors could tell me if the Mirapex was doing this because I'm on a bunch of other meds. Prevacid, Provigil, Cymbalta, Duragesic patch, Topro XL, Daypro, Diovan, Ultracet, Zanaflex and now I was just put on Requip. I also was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia again since my car accident. I have a bad time staying awake driving because I really don't sleep and I was increased on the Provigil to 200mg once in am and 1 12 noon. It got to be to much more pills to stay awake and more pills to sleep. My doctor gave me sample of Lunesta to sleep but I don't take them I'm on too much now. Anyway back to the Requip I saw my doctor 2 weeks ago but ran into another problem. I had my first mammo (I'm 41) and they found a tumor in my left nipple that was a solid mass and had a ultrasound to be sure. I was scheduled for a ultrasound localization and then to OR for an excision removal biopsy. I had the IV in and went to ultrasound to have wire inserted into tumor so it could identify it in surg. Well they couldn't find the tumor and cancelled the surg- I have to follow up with more mammo and ultrasound to see if it reappears. Does anyone know if the Mirapex can cause any hormone changes that would cause solid tumors like this?
All the doctors I go to and they all say none of the medications I'm on would cause this. Back to the Requip I couldn't start it until after the surg. but again it was cancelled so I just started it Aug 24th. I have the 14 day start up kit that increases your dose every couple days and then I have a script for 1mg so far so good. That Mirapex I knew the only thing I could do was to increase the dose and I just can't bare to increase anymore medication and I hear such great things on the site about the Requip. So I'll let everyone know how I make out. I've been going for massage therapy for my muscle spasms and pain and that does seems to help. It's been so long since I've been online here I forgot my sign in but I intend to keep intouch. Hopefully my breast tumor won't reappear. I'll tell you that really takes alot out of you when you get yourself mentally ready for surgory- and your told it could be cancer and then it was gone and cancelled. It's almost like you have to get yourself pumped up for the good or the bad- it's really exhausting mentally.
Well I think I caught everyone up on my life.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the hot summer.

I'll try to keep up to date. I got a new Standard Poodle puppy to keep me active and boy has she I'm physically exhausted.

Thanks for reading my rambling life story!! Remember POODLES RULE

Angelgirl- (Lori)
POODLES RULE

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

Lori it sounds like you have been through hell and back with your medical problems. I am glad that the tumor disappeared, but I imagine that getting yourself ready for surgery and then told that the tumor disappeared would be very hard on your emotions. I take Requip .5 mg as this is all I could tolerate and it works like a charm for me. I hope you continue to get relief from your Requip. I love animals and have one doggie whose name is Ginger who is a rescue mutt and 7 cats all rescue (6 of them ferals that are tamed down and fixed). Animals have a way of taking our minds off of our own problems and setting our minds at ease by having those little furry ones to love.

Donna
Donna

ANGELGIRL

REQUIP

Post by ANGELGIRL »

Hi Angelgirl- Lori here

Thanks for the feed back. I just hit the .5mg on the Reqip last night
woke up in a daze and real shakey. I'll have to see how a do when I increase to 1 mg- I'll let everyone know. Donna I have 2 Standard Poople- 1 pupple that I was talking about her name is Tilly and the other is 11 years old her name is Angel. We had 2 toy poodles that lived to be 15 years old the ones name was Ginger and the other Brandy. So I had a Ginger too!

Thanks for the support.

Lori- Angelgirl now you know were I got the name.
POODLES RULE