Changing meds-Permax to Requip

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

Changing meds-Permax to Requip

Post by Anonymous »

Hi, new to group. Thanks to Becat. I quit taking Permax about 10 days ago and have now started taking Requip. Three times a day, .50 mg. Going crazy. I didn't realize it was going to be so hard. I had taken Permax for 6 years. Now, I haven't been able to sleep at night, due to fidgets in legs and forearms. Luckily I am not working right now and so I can try and get some sleep during the day. I am going crazy. I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful husband that is very understanding, yet he loses sleep also, as does the dog. I am going to check with my wonder neuro tomorrow to see if he can prescribe some kind of pain pill or muscle relaxer to help me out during this transition. Thanks for listening.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Crackie,

Becat's good about getting people here. Just a note to say welcome - I don't know much about Permax or switching from it. I do know that people switching from Mirapex to Requip can start Requip at the equivalent dose. Were you able to do that with Permax? Or did you have to start at the .25 mg dose and work your way up?

Transitioning off of Mirapex can be tough for some. There is a week where symptoms get worse. I'll be interested to hear if your wonder neuro says the same is true for Permax. He should be able to help you with something like Ultram, I would think.

Ann

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Crackie, I also just started requip last night was my first does of .25 and I was lucky enough to get about 2 hours of sleep before having to get up for work. :x :evil:

I wonder how long this happens if anyone else is experiencing this too with the requip and if it goes away as you up your dose? Last night was horrible I not only couldn't sleep but my legs hurt all night long and I still am feeling some of the pain this morning.

This crap is driving me nuts and I am really getting fed up. I often wonder why I even started the darn meds somedays I think I was better off before I did.