Lingering Pain?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.

Lingering Pain?

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,
I've had RLS for about 15 years. I'm currently taking Mirapex: .75mg at night & .25 mg in the morning. I'm also taking Neurontin: 400 mg at night & 200 mg in the morning. I'm experiencing pain in my legs through the day but not like the RLS. It's more like a lingering ache. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what do you do about it?

Many thanks,
Red

becat

Hi Red and welcome

Post by becat »

Hi Red and welcome,
I have that ache all the time and I use pain medication for it now. I took Mirapex, for almost 3 yrs and the pain never went away.
Yes, RLS can be painful. Read around the board, educate yourself well, it's your best defense.
If you do try pain meds...start with something on the lowest end and at the smallest dose. This is best because of the progression issue with RLS.
Research those meds and talk to your doc about it.
Glad to have you here.

Kris

Post by Kris »

Oh yeah - that happened to me bigtime. I was in a rocker boot for uh, too long, and during that time my RLS changed and I was having constant pain day and night. It was miserable until I went on Mirapex. I was freaking. I thought I had bone cancer but couldn't get anyone to listen to me.
It got better once I got put on Mirapex and upped my Neurontin. Heck, I walked a whole mile last week. Last year I coudn't WALK for the pain.

YOu really are not taking much Neurontin at all.

Kris

Post by Kris »

I had to learn to take me an ultracet more often. It really helps. I guess I was hoarding them or something. lol It helps when you have medicine to take it, duh. I'm glad some of the folks on this board helped me realize that. I am much more productive now.