How long does it take Requip to kick in?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

How long does it take Requip to kick in?

Post by Anonymous »

I am on day 8 of the starter pack and don't feel any results.. how long (for people that have been on) it does it take to kick in?
Thanks! :(

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Geez Pixie,

Shouldn't take this long. I felt the effects maybe within 2 days??? then it was determining what dosage was best.

Just from my point of view.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Carrie214

Post by Carrie214 »

I take Requip at night and it knocks me out - it took about 2 days for it to work. I can only take it at night though because it makes me very tired. I take Carb/Levo for the in between stuff.

Hope you get relief soon. :D

Carrie

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it kinda works at night but during the day its really really bad... ????

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Pixie, not sure if it will help, but please go to the New To Rls section and open the Welcome Newcomers thread. In this thread, read the second through fifth posts (or thereabout). There is some good information about dopamine agaonists, specifically Requip and Mirapex in there.

Also, Requip only lasts in your body for 4-5 hours. So, did you have RLS during the day before you started Requip? If so, taking it only at night won't help you at all during the day. You'll have to take it or it in combination with another drug at least two or three times a day.

And, if you didn't have it during the day but now do since starting the Requip, it likely is augmentation - the drug itself making the RLS more severe, more frequent, etc. If you stop the Requip, this will most likely go away and you'll be at your prior level within a week or so of stopping.

Either way, the best course is probably to make an immediate phone call to your doctor. He or she needs to work this out and either change your drug if it's augmentation or get you more frequent doses and/or a helper drug if you need more coverage.

Hope this helps.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.