Lyrica (Pregabalin)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Thanks for the reply, Walkin 1 (I'll be walking too) ~ guess that makes us nighttime buddies, ha! I was asking why you went off Lyrica because each time I try new meds, I never know how long to give them to work before I weigh side effects vs. help...always seems to be choosing between 2 evils. I've had a horrid couple of days - had to have my husband come and drive me home from work on Thursday. I took 100 mg. lyrica and 50 mg. ultram within an hour of each other and ended up so tired and "drunk" I knew I couldn't drive the 25 minutes home...I couldn't even get my words out to staff cases! So embarrasing but luckily the team I work with is so understanding and have witnessed my bad days without meds when I stand up at my desk doing paperwork and typing. Sometimes I wonder if anyone has ever filed for disability using RLS because it effects EVERY aspect of our lives!

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

I remember when I first started taking the 150 mg doses. I got on my motorcycle one morning about an hour after I took it, it was on a Saturday and took off down this road that kind of winds around by Lake Michigan and I swear at times I felt like I was floating.
I don't get that sensation anymore, even when I take Vicodin with it so I guess Im used to it.
Sounds like you have some good people you work with Walkin 2 (or was it Walkin too?), that helps don't it?

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

It does help, but know they don't understand the frustration of something as simple as not being able to SIT down at my desk. I suppose I'm the hardest on myself - the rls has only kicked in 24/7 for the past 8 months or so but before that I have always felt like an outsider because of the ADHD - never catching all the conversation and feeling like I'm on the outer circle of everything. Add to that my husband's calling to be a pastor in 1992 so I have not had anyone to just be my friend since then and so many times I have to put on that happy smiley face :D when inside I have quite another story going on :cry: All my jobs in Social Work leave me mostly with clients whom you don't share YOUR problems with as you work to solve theirs. This was theraputic for me until I started missing out on my normal 4-6 hours of sleep a night. Now I stay so tired I have to use all my energy just to be social around everyone when I really just want to crawl off somewhere and cry. I am so tired of being up every night when everyone else is sleeping. I've been taking the Lyrica but it's not stopping my legs/arms and I'm not sleeping, so why take it? Just don't know where to turn to next.
Did you say you were riding a motocycle near Lake Michigan? So glad someone is up and out there (wherever "there" is) tonight!
I grew up in Michigan and love to ride (not drive) bikes.

Walking After Midnight

I'm at the south end of Lake Michigan just a little east of Chicago in Indiana.

Yeah, I was glad to see a few other people up tonite too, but no one seems to be going to the Chat room. um...hint hint.

ho hum.

Walkin...you need something to help you sleep. It's not good to be up all the time, try to work and run a house and all that responsibility. Hope you can find a good Dr.

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I'm new to all this...thought I was in a chat room! How do I proress?

Walking After Midnight

lemme think...
I have it in Favorites so I don't have to go through the process...but go to rls.org find "communicate with others" and click on "chat room"

That's close anyway.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

I am always up for a chat guys, I am not sure but I think there is a button for AIM or yahoo on here.
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Well....still sleeping well but have gained about 15 pounds and sprained my ankle during the night and did not realise what happened till my wife said that I had tripped over the fireplace.
Went for a allergy pill early thismorning and just finally took a good look at the amount of pills I have been thru...my heart sank a little thinking about how many other people go thru all the same things and how the newbies are just getting started. Good thing for this site I guess. I suppose I am just venting...sick of all the side effects, blank looks from people who think you are nuts..
Going to ask my doc for xyrem today, since I have taken it before and not had any ill effects...I do doubt however he will perscribe it.
Randy

Walking After Midnight

fishburn...
Do you think you've gained the weight because of Lyrica?
I've been on it for maybe six weeks, although I did stop taking it for a week...and fortunately haven't gained weight. Yet. I've been making a real concious effort not to though.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Walking-
I do think it is from the lyrica, I go to the gym 4 or 5 days a week and had been steadily losing fo a while and as soon as I started lyrica the weight piled on, now at 20 pounds. My doctor says thats no abnormal and that neurontin had that same side effect.....
Randy

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

I took the lyrica for nearly a month now and have put on 8 pounds. I weighed the same for over 8 years so this is really bothering me. The other thing I've noticed is my tongue...not only gobbling up all food in site, but is constantly burning and kinda "raw" like after you've eaten a bunch of salt (even though most of what I've been eating is sweet). Had planned to call the dr tomorrow to see if this may be a reaction or something to the Lyrica since that is the only new drug I'm on now.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Walking-

I made the decision last night to go off of it, my weight has topped out at almost a 20 pound gain....there are other side effects one of which concerns me about fertility...me and my wife want to have kids so I am going to discontinue this ....I do have an appointment next week to talk to my neuro about xyrem so I will report back on how that goes.
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

anyone had to taper off lyrica yet? I am starting the taper and my doctor seemed to think it's a pretty bad experience. He gave me lunesta and ultram till the xyrem arrives.
Randy

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

I tapered off of it after being on it for only a month... my RLS was much better on it but it started giving me horrible migraines. ugh. I actually opened up the capsules and poured out some and "weaned" that way. I went down by 25 mg a week. I'm back on my neurontin and doing much better now. Stupid drugs. :shock:
Josh

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.