Is anyone else pregnant with RLS?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Lovechild

Is anyone else pregnant with RLS?

Post by Lovechild »

I was wondering if anyone else is pregnant with RLS. I am having such a hard time because the doctors do not want to prescribe my pain medication for it because I am pregnant and I don't know what to do. I am always at the er just to get my meds. It really sucks. I don't know what to do. No neurologists, pain clinics or doctors will see me or prescribe meds because of the pregnancy. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lovechild, there are posts about this in the Special Populations section. I don't have time now to look, but know they are there, including ones that have links to articles about RLS and pregnancy. I think Becat, Trev and I talked about posting a sticky about it. We'll work on that ASAP.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

trevb

Post by trevb »

heres the pregnancy link, thanks to anne....

http://www.rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1315

gracey17

pregnancy and RLS

Post by gracey17 »

First of all..let me say how sorry I feel for you. I went through the same thing and it was horrible. The doctors would not give me anything.....I am sure there are many more of us out there. Yes, mine happened every night. :cry: I can't even give you any advice because I was told to just live with it. I hope you get some relief soon.

crown

Post by crown »

I have a 2 1/2 old and had rls for many years before---I had to go off klonopn while pregnant. My Doc. gave my ambien and it worked. I took every night --I didn't take anything while I was nursing my son( I have read that there is one med. that you can take while nursing--but can't remember right now).

I wanted to have another child but, can't because of the rls---ambien by itself wouldn't even begin to touch it now.

My heart goes out to you, hope this helps.

crown