Requip vs Fiorcet with Codiene

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Wertley

Requip vs Fiorcet with Codiene

Post by Wertley »

I had RLS for a couple of years. I entered the study taking Requip, it worked wonderful for me from the very beginning. I was taking 0.25mg each night before bedtime approx. 30 mins before. I was doing this for almost a year now. I was finding that in the past month it wasn't working so well. I didn't want to increase the dosage. One night I didn't take it and it was the worse night of my life, my legs went crazy, it seemed like I was having withdraws from the med. The next night I took a Fiorcet with Codiene and slept like a baby. Since then that is what I have been taking every night and having no problems at all. I think I will continue to do so, since Requip is so expensive and the Fiorcet is less expensive.

becat

Hi and Welcome

Post by becat »

Hi And Welcome to the board Wertley.
Yes, it's amazing to find something that works. And augmentation is the pits. I took Mirapex for almost 3 years, I didn't want to up my dose either and suffered so, as I have pain with my RLS.
That is intersting about the Fiorcet.
From what I heard at the national RLS meeting this last week, it's more likely the codiene that is helping you. But if it works, good for you. Not easy for many people to find something that does.
Dr. B. from the Southern California RLS site was talking about medications. He did mention that when using pain medications that the purest form is better.
ex: Darvon instead of Darvocet has added Acetaminophen.

Also mentioned was the fact that we should be using the lowest dose of the least potent medication that works. Which is what many of us here have talked about many times.
If really comes down to this, theres no one cure for all of us that is the same..........When you've got something that works......use it.
Glad to have you here. Enjoy the board, it's full of wonderful people.