Need info. on these drugs-- Cabergoline &carbidopa levod

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
crown

Need info. on these drugs-- Cabergoline &carbidopa levod

Post by crown »

My Doctor is prescriping new meds this week--and he know very little about rls---he just flips through his notes and recommends a drug. Not he best situation--but, he is all I have at the moment--so I'm stuck with him until I can find someone who knows what he's doing.

So, I play doctor, lots of reading, checking out drugs, adverse reactions etc. I visited the mayo clinic algorithym--which is amazing.

I am putting together a not book of all the info. I find at different rls foundation and taking lots of notes to add, along with copies of all the test run on me. I plan to take my notebook with me on every doc. visit. I have been taking care of my rls--with little help from Docs--I usually tell them what to prescribe--they always go a long because they don't have anything to offer...sad but true. It's getting better--but, for US(rls sufferers we need to learn all we can.

Sorry for ranting---back to my original question
If you have info. about cabergoline & carbidopa levodopa--it would be appreciated--since I need to be ready & armed with info. this week.

Thanks,
crown---no more lying down and taking rls --I am ready to get results and live a normal life!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Crown, good work. Sounds like you are doing well.

Sinemet is carbo/levo, so my response to you before still applies. Glad you checked out the algorithm. Cabergoline is not available in the US (well, is may be but is so expensive that it is out of the question and most drug plans won't cover it), so I have never used it. Maybe Corrie or Nadia will stop by and be able to tell you more about it. The algorithm suggests you take Mirapex or Requip. Not sure if both are available for you as I don't know what country you are in. Because of heart valve issues with Cabergoline, Permax, and Pergolide, I would think you would want to follow the Algorithm and take the Mirepex and Requip first.

As I mentioned in my other post, the best place to evaluate the meds it rlshelp.org. The doctor writes a lot about them. There is also a lot about them and their side effects in the Welcome Newcomers sticky post. That should help you make a better decision.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.