Anyone getting sick more often on Requip?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rajenki

Anyone getting sick more often on Requip?

Post by rajenki »

I've been taking Requip for several months now. Generally speaking, I'm a healthy person when it comes to colds and flu's, etc. But I have had 4 viral infections since late october and it's waring me down. I looked up side effects on RXlist.com and it does show 11 to 3 on frequency of viral infections over placebo. Anyone else have this experience?

About 8 years ago I was really sick. I had a chronc tonsil infection that my body was so weak from fighting that every germ that passed my way attacked with vigor. I was litterally sick from colds and strep every three weeks. Once my tonsils were removed, I was relatively healthy for the next 7 years, getting MAYBE one or two colds a year. That is why I know something is different. 4 illnesses in 2 months? Something is going on. I woke up this morning with ANOTHER cold.

Currently I'm on .5mg nightly, and .75 when I've had pain all day so I know it will be a bad night. I've only started the .75 thing in the last 3 weeks.

Thanks for any insight.
Becki

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Becki,

I'm guessing that no one has noticed this since no one has responded. I didn't take it long enough to find out. I didn't notice I was sick more often when taking the Mirapex.

This sounds like a very compromising side effect. Have you tried Mirapex? If not, maybe it's worth a try, as the side effect profiles are quite different. Then again, for all I know this might also be a side effect of Mirapex, too.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.