general questions??????????

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
afj

general questions??????????

Post by afj »

Judging by some of these postings-I'm new to the site, I don't think I have rls as bad as some. Although "jumpy legs" runs in the family, I wasn't diagnosed till I had a sleep study in October. My neurologist put me on an increasing dosage of requip after the study, trying to get me up to 4 mgs.. I've been pretty uncomfortable, with nausea, dizzyness, drowsiness; and sometimes I have remediation from a couple of hours of jerking around, but I'm unclear how much is the requip. I'm going back down, and will stop in a couple of weeks

What I'd like to ask is if anyone has found that diet affects how bad it gets, or wine, I seem to have it worse when I excercise. But my bouts seem to be so inconsistant I'm unable to tell. The only thing that seems to work consistently is laying down at the foot of the bed and putting my legs up vertically.

I think I've had it with the drugs, several years ago I took neurontin, and it seems to have gotten worse. Maybe age is a factor, but I'm hoping that there is a better solution out there.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any thoughts to share.

Thanks,
Andrew

Karl

Hello and Welcome

Post by Karl »

Yes laying down on the floor helps, read the "Living with RLS' in the start of the web site.Read as many posts as you can too, we feel for you, the road is a hard one but you have friends here!
Karl-New Zealand
37 now, had RLS effects since 12, long term guinea pig!