Mirapex stopped working, My leg pains have increased

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Toto22

Mirapex stopped working, My leg pains have increased

Post by Toto22 »

I was so glad to discover this board and be able to talk with others who have RLS!
I think my Mirapex has stopped working. I was diagnosed with RLS in May 2005 and was started on Mirapex 0.125Mg at first, my dosage was just upped to double. I am a 26 year old female. Lately with winter and having mild seasonal affective disorder (less daylight in the winter= moe sleepiness) all I want to do is sleep!. Having trouble getting up in the morning sleeping 10 hours a night, too much! Also, I get severve pain in my left rear thigh so badly I do not want to move it. Any suggestions? My work is starting to be affected. I do not want my boss to know I have RLS or I may not get a promotion. I do have to sit at a desk all day and in meetings, trying to hide it is getting harder. Some of my co-workers think I have ADD! I am going to see my doctor next week. He does not know much, so do any of you have suggestions I could give him. Those who use a secondary medication? Thanks for your support and helpful advice!

Toto22

Can you take Mirapex and Valerian root?

Post by Toto22 »

Can you take Mirapex and Valerian root?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Toto, not sure about mixing the valerian. I'd recommend a search on a search engine. You might find something.

I feel for you - you are in a tough place. My suggestions are to go to the New to RLS section and read the 'sticky' posts. The best we have to offer is contained there. Pay lots of attention to the info on the dopamine agonists and on augmentation (which you probably have). Few doctors have read all the information we have compiled, nor know all of this.

Print some of it off. Determine what YOU want to have happen. Explain to your doctor that this is important and he needs to partner with you on this. If you get familiar with the algorithm and the drugs, you can make a case for YOUR treatment and what works best for YOU.

And ask any questions about what you find. We can help guide you from our personal experiences once you know more.

Hope that helps.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.