Hello again!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Karl

Hello again!

Post by Karl »

Karl here, or Andreas as I think I use to post as well,
I have been busy with CPAP treatment (posted here on that just before) and for the last year I have been having fits/turns which happen when my RLS pain is at its worse?I have had one Brain scan but in New Zealand the scanner we really need is not here :(
I am on epilim (also works for pain)which should stop some fits.
Here is my RLS list of meds at the moment,
Ibuprofen
Paracetamol
Methadone,
Clonidine
Baclofen
Domperidone
Haloperidole
Epilim
Gabapentin(fell asleep in front of the Doctor while talking to him on this lol)
I have tried Sinermet and heaps of others though the years, some drugs are not here in NZ.I have been seen by a pain clinic for 6 years and 2 Doctors have spent a LOT of time on my case, one even took it home for Christmas to study!
I have dropped drugs only to find they were doing something.
I found thilidamide (sp) worked a bit to take the edge off but side effects got to me.However because I am getting scared with how worse things had got so fast lately (I'm 37, had rls effects since 12)I applied for it again but now its no longer funded at $1000 a month plus phone calls to Australia every month to remind them you still understand the risks of this medication.
Feel free to look up my past posts from early on (there's not many) to find my history etc.I did a write up of Quality of life for the site way back as well.This rls mess cost me my job in the end.Thankfully I have an understanding son and wife.Feel free to contact me at avocalea@xtra.co.nz anyone.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Karl/andreas
37 now, had RLS effects since 12, long term guinea pig!

becat

Hi and Glad to see you

Post by becat »

Hi Karl,
It's Becat, Quality of Life Queen! lol Yes, you did write a lovely statement. I assure those statements are working overtime this year in a number of ways. I again Thank You for writing one. Please know that you are helping to educate so many others about how RLSers live and cope.
I'm sorry your still having such a hard time getting what works for you. Seems rather silly to have to go through so much just to be able to live in your life, right? Hugs on the way from Texas and I hope you know your welcome here anytime.
I'm like you about medication, I never want to be without choices. It seems that even at 41 I feel like I have such a long life ahead of me. I want the best quality, as all of us do. But when running through the list of "things we've tried", I honestly hold out hope that what might not have worked a yr or so ago might be the answer someday.
Better yet, let's hope that the right people are getting the funding to research the crap out of this and we'll find a cure someday.
I wanted to say hi, gotta run for now, but I hope this finds you ready for the holidays and finding hope in the New Year.
Hugs and Hope to ya.