Are you taking Provigil?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sleepy123

Are you taking Provigil?

Post by Sleepy123 »

Do you or anyone you know suffer from excessive sleepiness? Are you currently taking the medication Provigil? Would you like to earn up to $275 by answering a couple of brief surveys? If so, please contact our customer service team at 1-866-275-3879 X 5. Please call soon as there are few remaining slots, all of which need to be filled by Friday, December 30th. This is a great way to start paying off some of your holiday bills!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just came across this. Trev's wife is expecting in two days, so I think he might be thinking of other things. becat, are you around anywhere? I don't think we have ever discussed what to do about posts like this.

If you are offended by this, please post and say so. If you think it's OK, post that, too. That will give us an idea of how you'd like the moderators to respond.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Kisster

Post by Kisster »

I'm new to this forum, but we had these posts over at another forum that I frequent and several of us thought they were ok. I think one of the mods even checked it out and it is legit.

I say if they are willing to pay for some info, then alrighty! I'm game! I don't mind new ways to make money to pay for my scripts.... :)

becat

I'd vote no

Post by becat »

I vote NO to this type of post in the future and will gladly let everyone else tell us how they feel.
However, the Foundation is clear about being unbiased, educational, and supportive of research in our RLS community.
With that said, since the TV ads have come out, I think more companies will be fishing for people to PAY for their opinions. I don't really wanting them FISHING here. That is not what this board is about, nor is it what I believe the Foundation is about.
Companies such as this should be contacting the foundation. If they want our opinions they should be paying into the piggy bank to help run this foundation, and help us all.
I vote NO and I vote that we delete these post as we would any other spam.

Let us hear what the rest of you think.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You have a great point, Becat. While it is great for us to get money, heavens knows that research that benefits US, those with RLS, and not the companies that makes RLS products, is most likely to occur through grants from the Foundation.

It is important for market research to occur in order for the company to make the most money they can for the product/service they sell. This doesn't always benefit you and me in any way.

Of course, this leads me to a topic that Ruby brought up in November and that Becat and I talked about today. If you think that the information offered anywhere on this Website is valuable, then please become a member of the Foundation. In fact, what a great thing to do with a portion of the money received if you do any of these market research interviews!

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.