Xyrem, it works!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Last few weeks have been much better. I think I have been medicated with narcotics etc for so long it may have taken a while for my body to adjust. My dose has been moved up to 6ml X2 and I get about 2 1/2 to 3 hours per dose. My nose has been continually stuffed up but breathe right nasal strips mostly take care of that. For me the reduction in daytime symptoms have been a great side effect, I took an ultram for the first time in about 5 days today and thats pretty good. I am starting to have more hope that at the higher doses things will improve even more. I have also lost some of the lyrica weight!!
Randy

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent. I hope more stories like yours will help other docs be willing to try this.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Good to hear from you ann. How are things treating you?
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Just thought I would post an update. Went up to 7.5 X2 and for the first time in a while I got 7 hours of sleep, got up worked out and cleaned. Nore more side effects, I was sweating more at night and the daytime anxiety is more or less gone. The anxiety might have been from having been on pain meds for so long...it's starting to look more and more like 8 or 9ml's X2 will be the magic number.
Also my weight is down another few pounds and so nagging aches and pains seem to be going away.
Randy

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am so glad you are posting about this. It's one more thing to add to our arsenal - if we can get anyone to prescribe it!

Sorry I missed your earlier post! All is well with me - too busy, but otherwise OK. The Methadone keeps working, which is a small miracle. I am really, really, really too busy, though. Being self-employed is feast and famine. Right now I have so much feast, I am worried I won't get to it in time.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Feeling good enough to miss a post is a good thing, glad you are getting some relief!
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

wow, when you have a bad night on this stuff it is real bad. Last night was my once a week no sleep at all night....I wish I could crawl under my desk right now.
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

I just realised something, it's been two full weeks since i have had any daytime problems with my legs. I always had a little but after sinemet, requip and mirapex i had 24X7 problems.
Randy

ctravel12

xyrem it works

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Randy, I am so glad that you are doing so much better and hope that it continues. Have a nice restful evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is wonderful. I hope the docs talk about this some at the convention. I have to remember to ask them about it if they don't. . .

Managing Your RLS

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

My neuro did talk about it at a confrence. As for me I have pneumonia now(is that how it is spelled?)no xyrem...mayhaps next week.
Randy

ctravel12

xyrem - it works

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Randy, I am so sorry that you have pneumia. I hope that you get better soon. I had walking pneumia the early part of this year and that was no picnic. I hope that you are able to take some antibiotics. Take care of yourself.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

WAM

I hope you get well very, very soon! Take care of yourself.......

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Thanks for the kind words, I am starting to feel better now. hopefully will be back on the xyrem soon. I am now down almost 24 pounds woo hoo!
Randy

ctravel12

xyrem it works

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Randy so glad that you are feeling better and congratulations on the weight loss.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time