Doctor Diagnosed me with wrong thing.

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
cute_Funny

Doctor Diagnosed me with wrong thing.

Post by cute_Funny »

Hey there, I just went to the doctors today..becuase im pretty sure i have RLS!...I went o the doctir and he diagnosed me with Knee Patellofemocal Sydrome (Runners knee) I dont run and never pulled a muscle and my knee has felt like this for over a month but just has recently gotten more intense. I feel this pain probly 2 times a day for a few hours each time and it really really hurts. Like annoys me..Its in my knee cap and if it bothers me enough the pain goes down my leg. I just keep it moves and apply Ice to it which doesnt help that much. It always happens at night time around 7 or so and does go away.
Do u think this is it? Wut should I do??

cute_Funny

Just an update to the Doc

Post by cute_Funny »

Just an update..so yesterday i went to the doctors..Today i went to the Physio therapist..and sure enough...I dont have what the doctor said.
They cant do anything at Physio for me..but i said DO u think it could be RLS..and he said What is that? So i explained it to him and he said mabey becuase he thinks by the sound of it..the RLS is somehow something that connectes to the brain
This was his example
"when u touch something hot..and burn urself..Your nerves send a signal to ur brain to say its hot ...so possibly for your knee..when its in a certain position or has sat for a long time and get restless..A signal is sent to ur brain.
He did a full test on me..Nerve test..Flexibilty and everything..nothing showed. So now i gotta go back to the docs and tell them and try to get some medicine or something to help me relax..Hopefully.
I dont really know where to go from here but all i know is my legs are killing me!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi cute_Funny. Glad you posted for everyone to see, and sorry that no one has replied yet.

I know I can't say if it is RLS or not. In a way, it seems like a simple disease, but all of us experience is slightly different. The best I can say is to answer the following questions and see what you come up with. There are four questions and only you can really determine what your answers areL

http://www.neuro.jhmi.edu/rls/edu.htm

Read through them, think about them, and see if it applies. If it does, then maybe print this off and take it to your doctor. He or she may then have additional questions for you.

My RLS is not painful, so I don't think my experience can help you at all. I feel a weird, creepy, electrical, pulling kind of feeling in my muscles - can be legs or arms. It builds up, like when you tighten a spring by pushing it together. Just like a spring, once it gets enough of this feeling/pressure built up, the muscle explodes with movement to release the feeling/energy. I can move it to release it, and if I do not move it, the muscles will "jerk" on their own to release it. I prefer to move to avoid the jerking sensation.

There is another thread where people discuss how they knew it was RLS. This might help you.

http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=681

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.