Does Requip give anyone else nightmares?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Goldie

Does Requip give anyone else nightmares?

Post by Goldie »

I've only been taking Requip for 3 weeks and I've had bad dreams every night since I started the drug. And nite sweats to go with the dreams. Is this normal or am I experiencing a reaction to the drug?

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

i didnt get dreams but i would have to say you finally made it to rem sleep which is a good thing however waking up from dreams is not. I would call my doctor on it. But if you can get to rem sleep and you feel rested maybe you might want to keep taking it and hopefully it will work its way out. But we dont dream until we reach rem sleep.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

I started Requip this week and noticed from the first dose that my dreams are more vivid, in color, and quite entertaining for my brain! I also sleep much, much better on the Requip. We're titrating it with the 2 week sample pack, and I'm only on .5 mgs. nightly. My daytime RLS (which extended to my whole body) is gone except for about half an hour in the late afternoon which goes away if I can fall asleep for a short nap (15 minutes).

I hope it keeps working this well, and that everyone finds something that makes life more tolerable.

Jenny

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

I had vivid dreams on Requip too, but they stopped when Neurontin was added and are coming back again now after 16 months. Might be because the Neurontin is wearing off.

Corrie