Zanaflex for rls

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
lyndarae

Zanaflex for rls

Post by lyndarae »

has anyone heard of zanaflex relief for rls? Tonight is my 4th night on it i hate the night time!!!!! My feet never stop tingling and its driving me mad it would be so nice to sleep through the night who am i kidding 4 hours would be great i just found this site and i thank god for it and all of you it doent seem as bad when you know your not alone anyone with suggestions on sleep meds i would love to here them i was getting ready to try neuronton and ambien when my doc saw what shape i was in last thursday i think she is finally taking me seriously i am an alcoholic with 14 months of sobrirty and she didnt want to put me on any addicting drugs i told her i dont want to get high i just want to sleep any thoughts or advise would be great thanks all lyndarae from idaho

becat

CONGRATS ON THE14 MONTHS

Post by becat »

14 MONtHS thats great. I know how hard you've worked for that time. One day at a time darling, your hanging in there. Your going to do just fine. You've got all of us now.

I tried Zanaflex tooooooooooo, it din't work for me, but I hit a high pain level many years back now. It may work very well for you.

jumpyowl

Wow, Lyn!

Post by jumpyowl »

I symphatize with you because you are really against a rock and a hard place. Doctors are hesitant to prescribe helpful medications and with you they probably feel justified!!! :shock:

Well, tell your doctor that what you need is to bring paresthesia under control. Muscle relaxants (Zanaflex) unfortunately are not helpful. I would probably start with Mirapex rather than neurontin. And that would also serve as a diagnostic probe. Over 80% of RLS sufferers are helped by this dopamine agonist and it is not addictive!!!!
Jumpy Owl