followup form need help & advice

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
knitbebe

followup form need help & advice

Post by knitbebe »

Went to my appt. today. The Doc. said that it was time to give up on parkinson meds. that I wasn't tolerating them--and that no matter how long I tried I would still be in a blur with not much relief. Not the news I wanted to hear--I had so much wanted them to work--I read quite few miracle stories with mirapex. He said that I was a total zombie and only taking .125, not even close to the dose necessary to find relief.

So, he once again suggested klonopin--since I had taken it years ago and had great success. So here I am where I started. I didn't want to ever take klonopin again--but considering the hell I've been through I can handle this---I did stress to him that if it didn't work that I wanted help with dealing with withdrawl on top of rls.

I asked him if we had a back up plan if it didn't work--and he told me not to be so anxious!! That my anxiety was adding to my problems. I told I had good reasons to be anxious --I had rls 24-7 with only 3 hour sleep a night. To his credit he cares passionately about rls--has done much research etc. but until you experience it first hand you can't comprehend the horror.

He has asked me to take iron, since mine is low for someone with rls. And he also asked me to take coenzyme. He gave me tylenol #3--with much warning about addiction--enough to freak me out. But I will take it for a couple of night so that I can get some rest. I figure if I'm still doing poorly in a week I'll go back to oxycodone, rather than rely on tyleno 3.

knitbebe