Ambien - night eating side effects

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
becat

Post by becat »

Hi Ann,
I had to giggle to myself when I read the alert today.
I have noticed that I need a "snack" after I have already gone to bed.
I figured it was the Ambien, only because I have never been a food lover.
I'll walk a little extra, there are few sleep aids that are strong enough for me and this pill still works seemingly well for me for now. I did have to up the dose or I have the option to add something to it, but I think it's been a good deal for me.
Snack and walk baby!
I'm not trading it in for the sleep.
Lynne

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Thanks Ann! Printing this out to share with my friend Pam! Pam's sister would find Burger King wrappers in her car and wonder where the heck did they come from! Pam had told me about this last year, while spending the weekend with her sister, she found her sister getting up and leaving the house. She asked her where she was going, and she said Burger King, and realized her sister was really not aware of what was going on! The doctor took her off the Ambien. She will love to have this. Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

ambien and eating

Post by guest »

I take ambien and I get up at times and eat and don't remember, but have empty plates sitting at my bedside table when I get up in the morning. I also tend to make phone calls to friends about a 1/2hr after taking my ambien. They tell me I say some strange things. I usually tell them about the new comforter I got for my bed and isn't it pretty(i've had the same comforter for over a year)! I called my friend the other night and told her my cat was on my bedside table just staring at me and that I thought she (my cat) was going to kill me and told my friend to call 911! My hubby says that I'll be up in bed (1/2hr after taking ambien) and holler HELP, HELP........! I don't rember any of this. I feel embarrassed and crazy, but after that !/2hr , I get sleep. I also take mirapex for the rls and my husband says I move my legs all night long. I don't wake up anymore at night b/c of the ambien, but I am still physically exaughested all day! I don't know what to do! sorry so long but had to tell my crazy stiries b/c everyone else thinks I kooky!

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Guest who I do not think as Kooky!

Have you had a sleep study? That may be something to check into. It is possible that you have additional sleep issues.

I can understand the physically exhaustion! And as for others who do not experience this, well I say one day we should compile a book of all our *crazy* experiences! It could become a hit sit com!

Have you tried other sleep medications? There might be something else that would be beneficial without the side effects you are experiencing. Did the strange things happen while on Mirapex before you began Ambien? It could also be the Mirapex, as I had unusual *mental* problems when taking it. I would have trouble shutting the mind down and songs or a single thought would continually run through my mind.

Glad you are here, and I hope that you will register with our discussion group.

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden