requip is killing me

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rella

Post by rella »

Hi Hazel,

Thank you, I will have my Dr. check my ferritin levels at my next visit!!
I have not had an episode for two months now, so thats why i don't believe it is the requip. I would think that i would still be having problems?
Well, who knows? I just keep plugging along :lol:
Stacey

walkindafloors

requip...unquip

Post by walkindafloors »

My experience didn't last 3 months but rather 2 pills. First one made me dizzy and awake-up walking like a zombie. Second pill had me passing out cold and taking down the Christmas tree with me, smashing ornaments and leaving my husband in a panic that I'd died. The commercials for Requip sound so magical but in reality left me UNQUIPPED rather than REQUIPped :cry:

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear WDF -

There are about 20% of RLS sufferers who do not tolerate the DA's, I am one of them. Truly thankful you suffered no major injury while on Requip, that would have been horrid!

Hopefully you are finding information and alternative therapies which are helping you manage your health care.

***********BIG HUG and Positive Thoughts to you all*********

Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden