RLS and Klonopin

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ctravel12

rls and klonopin

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Sugbrendas I also take clonazapem and is definitely working for me and hope that it continues. I know the last time I saw my neurologist he was going to put me on mirapex and clonazapem but told me to think about mirapex and check it out on the internet.

When I read all of the side effects of mirapex, I said "no thank you" it sounded too much like Requip. Do not want to go that round again.

I realize that clonazapem is habit forming and cannot get off it right away; believe me I know as I tried it once and was up for seven (7) nights crying, not sleeping and my legs were at its worst. The sad part is that my orignal dr never told me that you cannot come off it immediately. Well I learned the hard way and will never do that again.

If this is working for me, I am not going to change because of being a control substance. You have to do what is best for yourself and definitely need your quality of life back. I am even sleeping better. Now and then I have a bad night but cannot complain.

Like I have said in other posts everyone was there for me when I had it bad and now I want to support them as much as I can. I believe that most of you have seen the movie "Paying It Forward" well that is what I want to do.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

vinton

klnopin & mirapex

Post by vinton »

Right you are CTravel..

Never had any problems on klonopin but wanted off just for the sake of it and now that I'M at a low dosage my legs are killing me and mirapex sucks. I feel like zombie. I quit yesterday and already feel much better.
So I will go up on the klonopin a bit at a time to reach a comfortable level.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Good luck on your journey vinton,
RLS by itself is bad enough and then to have MS on top is over the top.

If you've been off of the Klonopin you may not need as much for a therapeutic dose.

I do try to keep my dosage the same but only as long as I can sleep.
I have 2 back up's before the Klonopin increases to 3 mg's. and then it's only 1 or 2 nights.
(I'm not suggesting this to anyone at all) but my forever drug is Klonopin.

Then i take Ultram, i found this by accident for something else. This is what i take for a.m. movements. I take 2 at night too.

If i'm still antsy i take Niquil. Some say b/c it's a decongestant we're not supposed to take it but i do and it takes the rest of the edge off and not everynight. I actually sleep better than ever with added Niquil.

THEN if i'm still having problems- once or twice a year now i'll add that 3rd mg of Klonopin. But surely the Niquil is my usual answer.

ctravel, i love the pay it forward. That was a wonderful movie and even though i've seen it tons of times i still cry like a baby.

I wish i had more time here, always something going on here. I just got custody of my nephew. Very long and complicated story. I fought hard for him for 2 days in court and got him. He's 13 and got into some trouble and was put in detention. His mom is bi-polar and a mess all of the time now that she's taken herself off all of her drugs.
sigh,what a mess.

sweet dreams my friends,

Brenda
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

vinton

klonopin and RLS

Post by vinton »

I'm no doctor but I was on klonopin for years at 2.5 mgs and after 6 years I'm down to 0.5. Beleive me it's more addictive than many illegal drugs. Try mirapex or similar before anything else.

If you want to see hell, go to benzo.org.uk

Vinton
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +