Am I making things worse?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
tsechenaku

Am I making things worse?

Post by tsechenaku »

I have had RLS many years without knowing what it was until about 3 years ago when I started taking Requip. I then joined an RLS study for research on a sustained release form of Requip. It seemed to help much better. I was taking 2 mg. Had a great deal of leg and hip pain but did not connect it to Requip so my general physician put me on Arthrotec for the pain which helps somewhat. Then had Augmentation -- and symptoms of RLS much worse than before I ever started the Requip. I had symptoms EVERY night instead of two or three times a week...it started early in the afternoon and sometimes even in the morning. I was so miserable...the research doctor raised my dose to 3mg and my symptoms have abated but now she says that it will be "interesting" to see how long it will be before I have aumentation again. I am terrified. I don't think I could live through that! :cry:
tsechenaku

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Tesch, and Welcome to the board.
I have to say that would have just sent me through the roof. "Interesting?" Wow, the first night you have a problem I'd call her at home and say come over, it's here!
First, we'll be here for you, so your not alone in this one.

Second, you might call her back and ask what happens if this augmentation hits? What is she willing to do that day to help you? Also, there are many that are of the thinking that raising the dose is not all that helpful for most after augmentation has happened. so Hmmmmm to her!

Third, maybe she doesn't have RLS and surely does not understand what kind of anixety that can create for you. I would be willing to explain that to her so that the next poor thing doesn't feel like you do.

This is not medical advice, but I would just relax and let it go, as best as possible for now. If the Requip is working right now, ok, but I personally would not go for a higher dose.

You stick with us, we support and lend on each other around here. Just a wonderful bunch of people.
Let us know how it goes.
Hugs to you
Lynne