Pergolide and Heart Valve Problems

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Anonymous

Pergolide and Heart Valve Problems

Post by Anonymous »

Hello,

is anybody aware of severe heart valve valvulopathy under pergolde and other ergot-derived dopamine agonists?

See also:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 5/PDFSTART

Regards
Thomas

jumpyowl

Yes, Thomas!

Post by jumpyowl »

I believe I posted about this once. Fibrosis can also occur in the lungs if I recall it correctly.

I did by-pass both dopamine agonist precursors and ergot-derived dopamine agonists on my path to try various medications to control RLS symptoms. Why take the risk, however, small it may be, especially in view of more severe side effects and a greater chance for augmentation and rebound effects.

If it comes to dopamine agonists Mirapex and/or Requip would be my choice. I am on Mirapex and Ultram right now.

Hydrocodone has a greater effect than Ultram but the withdrawal effects from Hydrocodone are quite similar to intense RLS paresthesia and pain.

I also had intense tachycardia that did not respond to beta blocker from possibly hydrocodone.
Jumpy Owl

always searching

bad reactions to Peroglide

Post by always searching »

I am over 50 and my doctor tried Peroglide for a while. I had to go off of it because it was causing me problems with balance and almost fainting. The problem apparently is related to the way it affects blood flow back to the heart from the lower extremities.

Anonymous

Permax/Peroglide and Heart Valve Disease

Post by Anonymous »

I can give you some information on Permax/Perloglide effects on the heart.

I am 49 years old and took a very low dose of Permax for about 6 years. I had open heart surgery in Feb. of this year to replace my mitrol valve, repair another valve and a triple bypass.

My doctor is now saying he thinks I may have some blockages in my head also.

They are fairly sure the Permax caused this as there is no other valid cause, and vavular disease always has a cause - like rhematic fever as a child.

Kathie